Saturday, December 23, 2006

Quest to another borough

Okay, I'm heading out soon, venturing off this island of mine. Destination: Brooklyn. I've been there only once before, needless to say, I'm a bit nervous? Strange, I know. I'm going out with a mission though, Marshalls & Target. I don't know what it is that makes me question my sense of direction, probably just the unknown streets/buildings etc, lack of known landmarks. Then again, i don't know the upper west side too well, but figured that out quickly when a broker made me waste my lunch hour trudging uptown to tell me he didn't have anything in Gramercy for me, but would I consider the UES? No. for the thousandth time no. Thank God for Mel the broker, he's a life saver. Gramercy fits like a glove. Sidetracked again.

So, i can navigate new york, even parts of I'm not accustomed to, easily. I'm not quite sure what it is, but maybe moving north of the mason-dixon fixed my internal compass. But Brooklyn scares me, it's massive, it's huge. There are tons of separate towns, areas, etc. If it wasn't for HopStop I'd be screwed. Seriously the best website for transplants, natives and tourists. I highly recommend it. I use it daily. Looks like I have a short trip on the R and a 3 minute walk. Let's hope I make it back in one piece. If i don't' post in coming days, I'm hiding in brooklyn, somewhere. Park, heights, slope? try one of them.
but at least the bridge is super pretty.

No comments: