Thursday, March 22, 2007

the weather outside? not frightful

holy hell it's warm outside, and that's not the 5 beers talking. walked out of a work happy hour and it's like a southern balmy night. 60 degrees in March? amazing. makes me think i soon have to buy an air conditioner, global warming and all. (these pre war buildings do not come equipped with such amenities).

working out production time lines today has made me realize that not only are my projects super behind schedule due to late photo shoots, but that costa rica is less then 3 weeks away. in 4 weeks i'll be the tannest girl on the 5th floor JWT. --one who is happy to use an SPF 30, followed by an SPF 15 4-5 days into the trip. i'm italian, i tan easy. sue me.

i'm starting to get the pre-trip jitters. had a small anxiety attack at work today because i was unsure of the location of my passport. found it nonetheless. i'm excited. I have not been on this long of trip since 1996 when i toured France for 10 days, with a my high school french club. fun, yes, but when you're 16 all you want to do is get hammered and not enjoy the historical meaning of such cities as Paris and Nice.

Don't get me wrong, I intend to have a good amount of boozing time in Costa Rica, but I also am planning on taking in some of the country's history. It's a prime week for that as well, being we'll be there over Easter. I hope to take in a morning mass. Who knows, maybe they'll have it on the beach.

anyway. have to finish out the work week strong. I'll be sure to post pictures from saturday's post st. patty's day rockville center, long island festivities.

No comments: