Sunday, March 04, 2007

ramblings

it's been a while since my last post, too long in fact. this week was hectic, drawn out an exhausting. i'd have to say this work week was the worst yet. but i did learn one thing that i'm quite proud of. Do you know how when someone attacks you it's within your nature to defend? Well, I had an art director try to "put me in my place" this week. She's been in "the business for 30 years," "before [I] was born." oh go f.... nevermind.

so. a nasty voice mail and a matching email to boot, i let her cool off for about two hours or so before retaliating. I phoned her and she picked up with attitude. She started her diatribe in an unrelenting and unacceptable fashion-- and here's when the highlight of my week comes in. I did not mirror her tone, or stoop to her level. I kept the cool voice and tried to lead her through the conversation. She finally came around and apologized, etc. Looks like 30 years in the business won't make you any more of an adult.

speaking of adult. as soon as i hung up the phone, i proceeded to unleash obscenities under my breath at the direction of the phone in true terits fashion... oh come on. i had to get it out somehow.

anyway, Friday night was fun, i met an old high school friend for dinner drinks and debauchery on the lower east side. then saturday morning i headed back into NJ to meet Diane for the Hoboken St. Patrick's day parade, completely forgetting my camera. lucky samsung to the rescue.

I friggen love bagpipes.


they were great. i think we should have bagpipers everyday. and check out this fire truck. cool right?
old school. today was brunch in hoboken and errands when back in the city. West Elm has this bench that I really want. see below. I want to use it as a coffee table. I could really use the storage. I'm not sure if the wood grain would work. wow how boring is this post?

anyway. i'm starting to bore myself. I think this week is going to be as brutal as last, so I'm going to get an early start and get to bed now.


No comments: