Wednesday, March 07, 2007

faith restored

a man named John restored my faith in humanity today. I lost my little blue wallet that holds my work IDs, free coffee voucher and unlimited monthly metro card. ---all a pain in the ass to replace. I tore my apt apart this morning, nothing. i went to the bodega where i last had it. they handed me the winning numbers instead of answering my question. English wasn't the shop keepers first language. so I shook it off.

3 hours later i get a call from a man name John. he found my wallet, googled JWT and had the receptionist transfer his call. amazing.

there are good people in this world.

he left my wallet with his doorman, and its back in my possession. I'm going to leave him a $5 starbucks card and a thank you note.

score one for humanity.

No comments: