Tuesday, January 02, 2007

a new start

Happy New Year! Looking back on 2006, I have to say it was a mighty fine year, that passed by so quickly. My resolution last year was to move, but I guess you can't really resolve to do that, so I planned it instead, an open-ended plan. Probably one of the only resolutions I've kept. So, new years in the big apple. I didn't see the ball drop in times square, they don't let you toast in the new year and to boot, there's no where to pee. 1 million people needing to pee is more like a nightmare for me then a way to ring in the new year. "i resolve to have a smaller bladder next year."

But, as by my last post, I started early on my resolution. I vowed to try to meet more people, and I have. I also need to add "be better at remembering names" to my resolution list. (i suck at this!) Being new in a city you give yourself time to get acclimated, set up house, apartment, find the best deli, closest coffee shop etc. Most of that is done on your own, and before you know it, you've spent most of your new city time exploring solo. Which personally, I don't mind, but it'd be nice to have company once in a while. So my new years eve was spent with a couple of work acquaintances, who I can now call friends. I hopped a bus uptown met them at the bar, and had a great time. Glad I spent it here.

It was a bit strange though, not being in Atlanta. For the past four years I've spent New Years with the same group of people, family & friends. I missed them a lot that night, especially when a couple of southern rock songs came on and blared through the speakers, Skynard, Charlie Daniels, etc. -David Allen Coe didn't make the play list, shame, really.

But, there was a ton of Bon Jovi, and let me tell you, my new pals and I share a similar love for that jersey boy.

So my vacation is coming to an end. I accomplished a couple of things over my 12 day break. I finally bought my wellies! I wore them last night for the first time. I love them. well worth the search. I outfitted my apartment with a new rug, and I slept like a teenager. Up until 2, asleep until 11. Sick, really. I kind of hate that I can sleep this way, but maybe it is my body telling me I need the extra hours? Possibly gearing up for what is to come in the following weeks at work. -Which i sheepishly admit I'm looking forward to. I miss the routine. I know. I'm a nerd.

2 comments:

Stephen Hunton said...

what the crap are wellies? glad someone got 12 days off...sheesh.

lauren said...

rainboots! that you even have the option of buying "wellie warmers" to transition into snow boots
see oct 12 post. I LOVE them. i got them in black, almost in red, but stuck with black.

12 days was good, but i'm glad to be back.