Saturday, January 06, 2007

fresh direct is my friend

as of 8:00 am, I have all my groceries. and the "estimated total" was only $3.00 off, which is good. They also took 10% off my first order, because I'm new AND gave me a box of homemade fresh direct candy in an adorably branded orange accented box. I LOVE it, and it tastes good too. (why is it that i went to first taste the chocolate instead of say, the lettuce?)

dumb question. bring on the chocolate.



it's on top of the scale on my kitchen windowsill. They even call me out with a new first customer sticker. i feel so loved. anyway, out the window can see its still a bit gross out this morning, so i tipped the guy a little better.

this is what he had to bring up 2 flights. (and 2 cases of diet coke that immediately went in the fridge to be chilled. priorities, people)



and one more, and a bag of frozen stuff that went into the freezer. I can't tell you how good it feels to have a full fridge again. i slacked and ate out a lot all thorough december, which isn't like me.



there's a shot of my kitchen. for ya. tiny, but bigger for nyc standards. well. time to go prep the place for the parents arrival. after doing some errands and possibly a small scale museum my dad and i are going to make meatballs & sauce. YUM. can't wait, more good for me food to have around the joint for a while.

have a great 65 degree day.

don't get me started on global warming.
all i want it snow.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So, is it bad that I live in Atlanta with a car and only have to walk up 3 steps to get into my house and when I went to the Fresh Direct website and typed in my zip code, I got upset when a message popped up stating they only serve the NY Metro area. Your blog should have warned me of that so I could avoid the disappointment. ;) But I do love my Publix.