Sunday, November 19, 2006

playing with the computer

(and someone else's wireless....shhhhh)

I LOVE photobooth. It's fun. My mom stayed the night to shop yesterday and we played with the random settings you can use. Think fun house mirrors. cheeky. literally.



I'll post a funnier one at some other time. so i've been thinking, about new york mostly.

I can say it's the best city on earth, but I haven't been to every city, nor have I explored all parts of the cities I have visited. But, it blows Boston, LA, Paris, DC, and sadly Atlanta, out of the water. Traffic? none here, well not for me at least. Sure I have to deal with a packed 4,5 train or some random guy grabbing my ass on the L (shortly after he got a sharp elbow to the sternum) but it's new york. Having a bad day? You're having a bad day in New York. Depressed about your job? You work in New York. It's the solution for everything. Feeling Fat? Your fat in new york. You not fat in Tupelo, Mississippi or Kittybunkport, Maine.

I've been on this high since I arrived. After one drink that turned into a handful on Friday night with a work friend, I finally admitted to her my worry. I'm worried about the fallout. I'm sickly happy. Where's the twenty-something roller coaster of emotions? I mean, I'm not welcoming a broken heart or huge trauma, and or sure I'd like a pair of pants to fit a bit better, and I'd like to arrange my apartment to resemble a room in New York Home, but those aren't "big deals." She said quite simply "it's all what you make it." There is this quote in Ray LaMontagne's song "Empty" that gets me every time, here it is: "I never learned to count my blessings, I choose instead to dwell in my disasters."

I do that, we all do. Don't get me a wrong, a pity party complete with girlie movies, wine & pizza is definitely in the only prescription for some pains. But I want to stop dwelling. The dwelling stops here.

geez this post is heavy. that stops here as well. instead, here is a picture of my new lamp over the left side of my "living space." haha. it looks like a boob. I hope to never lose my childish humor.


boob..hahah

No comments: