Thursday, November 23, 2006

another holiday down

and I'm exhausted. So I've taken to an old college t-shirt a comfy pair of pj bottoms and a warm cup of coffee. I'm about to polish off the non-thinking chick-lit book I picked up at the train station and call it a night.

Families get to you, they exhaust you but underneath it all, they're you blood. I'm sure one day when I'm a parent I'll realize that when you raise strong independent children, they come equipped with strong independent opinions. But there is a big difference in being opinionated and saying everything iota of thought that creeps into your mind. Listening to a relative's running commentary for 48+ hours straight could irk a nun, let alone a 20-something daughter. I could think of one question only while counting to 10 inwardly, "Can't we just give thanks?" Apparently, I am not alone in my ramblings of Thanksgiving meals, and the pressure to make the holiday perfect, check out this article that was in yesterday's New York Times.


Well, I'm going to call it a night, veg on the couch and enjoy the silence of my apartment accompanied by the noises of 1 st avenue. Tomorrow's black Friday, and I'm gearing up for some early shopping.

Best wishes to you and yours today, above all, give thanks and try to find some silence of your own.

No comments: