The south in the big city
I've found a southern oasis on the east side, and it's a hop skip and a jump from my new place, Rodeo Bar. It's a honky tonk Texan sort of place. I'm still not sure if Texas is considered "the South," but they have what looks to be a bus or truck parked in the bar, which reminds me of The Supper Club at Auburn, which always spells good times.
From the pictures, it may not be as dive-y as I like, but if they have a cold PBR in a can I'm there. Classy, who me?
So needless to say, I'm psyched about the bar. That among other things. I couldn't fall asleep last night because I was decorating in my head and trying to figure out ways to lug IKEA shelving from NJ back to NYC. Also, the NY Marathon is Nov 6th. In the 22 years I lived in NJ I've only watched it on television. So I plan to take a break from unpacking to head up to Harlem and cheer the runners on.
well. back to daydream-decorating.
No comments:
Post a Comment